I am still recovering from the unspeakably delicious Thanksgiving turkey my dad made last Thursday, so instead of a review, lazybones here is instead going to do…ANOTHER GIVEAWAY! You can thank the good people at Jenni Bick Bookbinding for this one. They specialize in handmade books and customized Moleskines, and I suggested we give away some of the latter. In spite of my
violently scathing vitriol well-intentioned criticisms of said notebook brand, I not only own, but use and continue to purchase its products in various sizes, formats, designed for various purposes….what can I say; they’ve got the market utterly cornered when it comes to variety. I am currently very fond of the extra-small hardcover notebook; I have one that I carry every day as a general all-purpose pocket notebook. That position was previously held by the soft-cover Moleskine Volant extra small notebook, but those tend to bend quite atrociously after a few days being tucked into a back pocket. Another advantage over the Volant: this one has a pocket! And a bookmark! And an elastic strap! And they’re cute and wee!
The notebook specs:
- Measures 2.5″ x 4″
- 160 plain pages
Fun new colorful Moleskine hardcover with rounded cornersComes in colors typically only seen in clucking, egg-laying rabbits
- Elastic closure
- Thread bound for durability
- Acid-free paper
- Bound-in bookmark
- Expandable Inner Pocket
- Can be personalized with embossing
Let me emphasize that last point: Can be personalized with embossing.
THE GIVEAWAY RULES!
- There will be four lucky winners, one for each of these plain-page notebooks that Jenni Bick Bookbinding will customize for said winners—to enter, just leave one comment on this post any time between now and Thursday, December 8th 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time. Sadly, this contest is only open to U.S. residents.
- One winner will be picked at random from the comments section of this post. Make any kind of comment—but only one comment! Comments in excess of one shall be deleted. The comments will be numbered in the order they are received, i.e. the first comment is #1, the second #2, and so on. Because my blog doesn’t seem to number the comments on its own yet, and I don’t have time/the willpower to fix it, I will hand-number all the entries in Photoshop like I did here
because this is the kind of solution that sane people come up with. The Random Integer Generator at random.org will be used to pick the number of the winner.
- I’ll post the contest winner on Friday, December 9th. Winners will have one week to email me. There’s a link to my email at the top of the right sidebar.
As a consolation prize for everyone, Jenni Bick Bookbinding is offering a special coupon code for us—15% off valid at both MoleskineAndMore.com and JenniBick.com; the code is: 15NOPEN and it’s only good ’til December 31st. Oh man, that discount would go great with these notebook covers and having someone else buy one for me!